MP3394S SOP-16 LCD Power Management IC
16 Pin SMD
The MP3394S is a step-up controller with 4 current channels. It’s designed to drive WLED arrays for large-size LCD-panel backlighting applications. The MP3394S is flexible, and can expand the number of LED channels with 1 or 2 MP3394S in parallel operating from a single inductive power source.
The MP3394S uses an architecture of current – mode and fixed operation frequency The frequency is programmable by an external frequency-setting resistor. MP3394S drives an external MOSFET to boost up the output voltage from a 5V to 28V input supply. It regulates the current in each LED string to the programmed value set by an external current-setting resistor.
The MP3394S applies 4 internal current sources for current balance. The current matching can achieve 2.5% regulation accuracy between strings. Its low regulation voltage on LED current sources reduces power loss and improves efficiency.
An external PWM input signal or DC input signal controls PWM dimming. In DC-input dimming mode, the dimming PWM signal can be generated internally and the dimming frequency is programmed by an external setting capacitor.
- 4-String, Max 200mA/String WLED Driver
- 5V to 28V Input Voltage Range
- 2.5% Current Matching Accuracy Between Strings
- Programmable Switching Frequency
- PWM or DC Input Burst PWM Dimming
- Open and Short LED Protection
- Programmable Over-Voltage Protection
- Cascading Capability with a Single Power Source
- Under-Voltage Lockout
- Thermal Shutdown
- TSSOP16EP, SOIC16 and SOIC20